The 1st “International Conference on Political, Social & Humanities Sciences” (ICPSH 2020)
Faculty of Social & Political Sciences, Jenderal Soedirman University
Theme: “Navigating Global Society in the Disruptive Era”
We live in an age of transformation in which strong global forces change the way we live and function. The rise of new emerging economies such as China, India, and other countries in the global south; the rapid proliferation of digital technologies; the rising challenges of globalization; and the global pandemic; all that issues above have impacted global society. Simultaneously, the resurfacing of old international rivalries, the breaking of conventional alignments, and the emergence of new powers are changing the international structure of the 21st century, if not the methodology and analytical methods used by scholars to understand it.
Although power politics is shifting, non-traditional challenges are also on the rise: seemingly never-ending wars in Africa and the Middle East, global migration, environmental problems, and the possibility of transnational terrorism are unavoidable factors that must be taken into account in any possible future scenario. Industrial Revolution 4.0 has had transformative impacts on all lines of society, and the global society must be prepared to face up to new developments that are evolving to the core. Such and other global developments bring substantial new opportunities to global society, nations, industries, businesses, and individuals that have successfully adopted them— but the risk for those who can not keep up has also risen dramatically.
AIM AND SCOPE
The theme of this virtual conference is “Navigating Global Society in the Disruptive Era.” Thus the conference has three main issues to be discussed: Discuss the challenge of current global transformations towards global society, states, market, international engagement, and foreign relations. With the advent of a disruptive era, there is a change in the system of interaction between state actors and non-state actors in the global stage. Besides, it will discuss the impacts and effects of the disruptive era on international relations and diplomacy at large. Finally, it will also discuss the response of society, government, and public administration to the challenge and opportunities brought by the new transformation.
This conference will explore and develop the central theme and will discuss subtopics in a range of perspectives and intellectual discourse. Some of the issues addressed include in the following subtopics:
- International Relations, Security & Foreign Policy in the Disruptive Era
- Human Rights, Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution
- Gender, feminism and International Relations
- New transformation in the global economy
- People mobility, international migration, and diaspora
- Social Movement, Global Justice, and Building Resilient Society in the disruptive era
- Challenges and opportunities of Communication in the disruptive era
- Challenges to Public Administration in the disruptive era
- Multiculturalism and minority rights in a disruptive era
- Politics of development & varieties of welfare regimes
- Populism and democratic backsliding
- Religious resurgence, communal identities, and radicalism
- Health care rights and citizenship in a time of the pandemic
The conference welcomes papers with the subtopics above. Papers can be theoretical or based on observational case studies from any country or area of the world.
- Keynote Speaker :
Prof. Christian Reus-Smit (University of Queensland)
- Plenary Session Speakers :
Prof. Mochtar Mas’oed (Gadjah Mada University)
Luthfi Makhasin, Ph.D. (Jenderal Soedirman University)
Prof. Miriam Estrada-Castillo (Universidad Casa Grande)*
Prof. Dr. Zhenjiang Zhang (Jinan University)
Deadline of abstracts: September 15th, 2020
Notification of acceptance: September 25th, 2020
Deadline for full papers: November 2nd, 2020
Conference Date: November 25th-26th, 2020
This conference is free of charge
Registration for Presenters: https://bit.ly/ICPSH-Presenter
Registration for Participants: https://bit.ly/ICPSH-participant
VENUE OF CONFERENCE
This conference will be conducted online through Zoom and Google Meet
- International e-proceeding with ISSN, indexed in Google Scholar (free of charge)
- Selected papers will have the opportunity or option to be published in the following journal:
- Jurnal Hubungan Internasional (Sinta 2)
- IPSR Journal (Sinta 2)
- Policy Governance Review (Sinta 2)
- Journal of Governance(Sinta 2)
- Masyarakat: Jurnal Sosiologi (Sinta 2)
- Jurnal The Messenger (Sinta-2)
- Jurnal Politika (Sinta-2)
- Journal in FISIP UNSOED: Insignia Journal of International Relations (Sinta 4), Jurnal Komunikasi Acta Diurna (Sinta 5), Widya Komunika (Sinta 6), Jurnal Interaksi Sosiologi, Jurnal MAP Public Policy & Management Inquiry.
The term, condition, and additional fee applied for selected papers published in the journals above.